In this episode of the Growing the Future Podcast, Dan catches up with longtime friend Colin Rush of Clean Seed Capital.
Colin is the COO of Clean Seed Capital and has 20 years experience in the agricultural equipment industry. He has held senior positions with John Deere, Case IH and JCB Canada.
Clean Seed is a public company on the TSX.V, symbol CSX.
For the last decade they have been working on commercializing a new concept in seeding. Now it’s coming to market and it’s an exciting time for the company, and for farmers. There is an incredible story behind this product that you are not going to want to miss.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
* Colins professional journey in the industry and equipment business
* Clean Seeds entrepreneurial journey
* How Smart Seeder Max is the next best evolution in seeding technology
* What Colin brought to the table from the dealer and OEM level to the startup
* The differences Colin experienced in leadership from equipment dealerships to OEM
* Why OEMs are not investing in seeding like spraying, tractors and combines
* What the Smart Seeder can really do for producers
* The agronomists who have been involved and their thoughts on the equipment
* The next steps after purchasing the Smart Seeder
* What Clean Seed will look like in three years
* What the equipment dealers are saying and thinking
* How long before the “big boys” start waving their cheques
* Colins core values he has installed into the company
Learn more about Clean Seed and Colin here: https://www.cleanseedcapital.com
Aberhart Family of Companies:
If you want to be part of the Growing the Future community, make sure to say hi on social at: https://linktr.ee/Growingthefuturepodcast