Calgary (Rural Roots Canada) – After a dry start to the growing season in Alberta, what does all this rain in June mean for crops?
Agronomy Research Extension Specialist with Alberta Wheat and Barley Commissions Jeremy Boychyn joins RRC’s Craig Lester to talk about what effect this will have and what farmers should be on the lookout for in their crops.
Their discussion covers a number of topics including:
– What effect the heavy rain will have on the crops
– What areas were hardest hit
– What stage the crops are at across the province
– What farmers should be watching for after a major rainfall
– Why producers need to watch for disease in their crops
– Why applying more nitrogen might be an option at this point of the growing season
RELATED: Moisture levels vary across Alberta