The Egg Farmers of Ontario want you!
For the third year in a row EFO will be accepting applications for the New Entrant Quota Loan Pool, an opportunity Chair Scott Graham says, in a statement, they are pleased to offer again.
“This program has been well received the past two years and we look forward to welcoming more new egg farmers into the industry,” said Graham.
The NEQLP is designed to loan 10,000 units of quota each year to the successful applicants at a ratio of 1:2 (1 unit purchased, 2 loaned), for 10 years. After that, the loaned quota will be returned to EFO in 10 annual installments (10% each) and will be loaned to future participants in the program.
To be eligible for EFO’s 2014 New Entrant Quota Loan Pool, an applicant must:
- Be a Canadian citizen or landed immigrant;
- Be a permanent resident of Ontario;
- Not have held quota, currently or in the past, of any type in the supply-managed sector (egg, pullet, chicken, turkey, dairy or hatching eggs);
- Successful applicants will be required to purchase to match the quota loan, based on a 1:2 ratio;
- Priority will be given to persons between the ages of 18 and 45.
Applications will be accepted between April 1st and May 30th and will be reviewed by a committee made up of people within the industry.
Applications can be found by clicking here.