Today’s Foodie Friday Recipe from our friends at Food E Farms is Basil Tomato Soup
Fresh Basil – Chopped
4 Tomatoes – Skinned
Tomato Juice – 4 cups
Butter – 1/2 Cup
Heavy Cream – 1 Cup
Avocados – 2
Salt & Pepper – To Taste
WATCH MORE: Foodie Friday: Breaky Wrap
1. Combine basil, tomatoes, and tomato juice in a pot.
2. Simmer for 30 min.
3. After 30min of simmering, puree.
4. You can add other ingredients at this point as well, like avocados.
Avocados add a smooth texture and additional flavor.
5. Once pureed, place in a pot over medium heat and stir in heavy cream and butter.
6. Stir until butter is melted and do not boil.
7. Mix well, cool, and serve.
View this post on Instagram